Saturday, February 13, 2010

Turkey

Hello!

This week has been crazy as my classes are coming to an end and there are projects due every day! But I will update on my trip to Istanbul Turkey!

I arrived last Thursday night the buildings are amazing some are very old. While in Turkey I tried many different foods like chicken shish Turkish coffee (strong!!) and Apple Tea. We saw many of the main sights in Istanbul including the Blue Mosque and Haggia Sophia. We also tours the palaces of the ottoman empire. The buildings are very ornate with amazing tile work. it was an intense experience with vendors and shop keepers shouting out in English to get you to come into their store. The bazaar was even more crazy with people everywhere. It was an amazing experience, but in the end I was happy to return to subdued England.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to travel to Turkey. I really loved it. The food was great there. Was this part of a class?

    ReplyDelete