Monday, January 11, 2010

Life in London

So far London has been amazing! On Saturday I had a couple tours of the city. First was a walking tour of the Kensington area. Sights there included Kensington gardens, Kensington palace, Royal Albert Hall, the memorial of Prince Albert, High Street (a shopping district), and various houses where famous people lived. Then in the afternoon I had a bus tour of the city, London and Westminster. In this tour we saw all the famous sights such as Big Ben, Tower Bridge, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, the West End, and Piccadilly Circus. It was amazing to finally see these sights in person! On Sunday I explored South Kensington a bit more with my roommates and saw the Museum of Natural History. It was very interesting and very big. No way to see the whole thing in one day, luckily it is free and very close! Today classes start I am looking forward to see what interesting things I will learn this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment